Hate Hetalia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you HATE HETALIA this is your place =)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

So, why the hell does EVERYONE like Hetalia? It makes no sense!

Go down 
+14
ALitanyOfHATE
IAmTheWalrusDerp
Pouille
Wnags_Girly_Parts
gayfagcountries
Hetalia_Sux_Ballz
penguin
imapancake
HETALIASUXORZ
hellcat13
My_Country's_Not_Gay
DerpHerpAwesomeness
lethargicpineapple
Erika_Furudo
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
TheOutsider

TheOutsider

So, why the hell does EVERYONE like Hetalia? It makes no sense! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So, why the hell does EVERYONE like Hetalia? It makes no sense!   So, why the hell does EVERYONE like Hetalia? It makes no sense! - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 10:26 am

friedyam wrote:

Noooo!!! I'm out of ideas then U.U Oh! would you be interest if you read my OC thing then? I really wanna edit it...here is the link:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6849103/1/Life_goes_on

Yeah it seems easier to grasp history that way. You just think of the country and bam! It's there!
Yeah I see now..I kinda like it ^^ but I don't know what to say...
Do you have to be a member of the LJ one right? Cause I have that account but I'm so confused on how to operate the web site T.T

Yeah before I write anything I ALWAYS put OC!*Country here* and warn them....Yeah I guess so....I mean I like to write about them as well....but I don;t know at times I make them a little OOC...

You could still try it, though! Different people have different interpretations on different events... (I'm still struggling with that Great Depression-Hong Kong Hand-over fancomic that's been planned since forever.)

Alright, then. Let me go read your story...

-reads-

A Gakuen story? No wonder- it's an idea that's been done to death. Nor is the writing style anything exceptional- it's alright, but not something that would bring something new to such an overused plot.

Ghana also isn't an exceptional character. She seems like your average wish-fulfillment Sue, and though I'm sure that's not what you're aiming for, she certainly gives off that vibe. Everyone feels flat and should be fleshed out a little more. Even the canon characters feel flat. Try to expand on the little things about them, like likes and dislikes, hobbies, fears... and though you do seem alright in terms of relationships, I wish you'd detail on it more.

You also need to detail the events more. Elaborate Ghana's thoughts on what's happening. Add some variety and use a thesaurus to replace overused words, though don't do that too often or you'll end up having something similar to a Twilight book. Take this for example:

Quote :
"Egypt…since when did you get big hands….since when did you even-"

"It's not me," he said, blandly.

"Hey you guys!" Denmark said loudly.

"Denny….next time tell us….Seychelles said, slowly taking his hand and putting it down.

"Yeah! Ha! The king of northern Europe always has his welcome!" He bellowed. The girls rolled their eyes. Egypt just starred.

Though it's nice that you stopped yourself from using said the fourth time in the last paragraph, it still feels pretty redundant. Instead, you could try this (Hope you don't mind that I've taken some liberties):

Quote :
"Egypt... since when did you get big hands?" Ghana asked as she blinked in confusion. "And since when did you even-"

"It's not me." muttered Egypt. And he was right, Ghana noted when she looked at him, as his hands were placed on the table, clasped together in a way that made it seem like he was praying.

Even more confused, Ghana looked around to find the owner of said hands that were wrapped around Seychelles and her. Her gaze landed on a man with spiky blond hair and twinkling blue eyes, carrying an obnoxiously wide grin on his face.

"Hey guys!" he greeted cheerfully in a deafening voice. "What's up?"

"Denny..." Seychelles said with a sigh as she slowly took his hand off her shoulders and set it down. "at least tell us next time you're coming."

"Ha! As if!" Denmark bellowed. "The king of Northern Europe always has his welcome!" and with those words, his smile grew wider.

The girls rolled their eyes. Egypt just stared.

... yeah. You get my point.

-looks at your profile for the summary- And you spelled 'various' wrong. You have to be careful about grammar and spelling when typing summaries- it gives people a glimpse at what the story might be like, and seeing a misspelling would give people the impression that your writing isn't good at all. You also need to explain the plot in the summary, instead of just listing off all the pairings you plan to put.

I suggest you get a good beta reader, especially someone who's very familiar with the series and its characters. I also suggest you take a step back from your writing and try to think over your story, as it seems you don't really have an idea on where its going. (This is coming from first-hand experience. Very few of my fanfics have been planned past the first chapter, and as a result are very difficult to write about. Just look here: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6422504/1/Inferno I failed to plan beyond the fourth chapter, and as a result you can see how choppy the last two chapters are. Now I'm taking a break from that story and thinking it over.)

And yeah, you do have to be a member of LJ. Just click "Join Community" when you reach the Hetalia fan community, and you can access all the things they don't want you to see. XD
Back to top Go down
friedyam

PostSubject: Re: So, why the hell does EVERYONE like Hetalia? It makes no sense!   So, why the hell does EVERYONE like Hetalia? It makes no sense! - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 1:19 am

TheOutsider wrote:
friedyam wrote:

Noooo!!! I'm out of ideas then U.U Oh! would you be interest if you read my OC thing then? I really wanna edit it...here is the link:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6849103/1/Life_goes_on

Yeah it seems easier to grasp history that way. You just think of the country and bam! It's there!
Yeah I see now..I kinda like it ^^ but I don't know what to say...
Do you have to be a member of the LJ one right? Cause I have that account but I'm so confused on how to operate the web site T.T

Yeah before I write anything I ALWAYS put OC!*Country here* and warn them....Yeah I guess so....I mean I like to write about them as well....but I don;t know at times I make them a little OOC...

You could still try it, though! Different people have different interpretations on different events... (I'm still struggling with that Great Depression-Hong Kong Hand-over fancomic that's been planned since forever.)

Alright, then. Let me go read your story...

-reads-

A Gakuen story? No wonder- it's an idea that's been done to death. Nor is the writing style anything exceptional- it's alright, but not something that would bring something new to such an overused plot.

Ghana also isn't an exceptional character. She seems like your average wish-fulfillment Sue, and though I'm sure that's not what you're aiming for, she certainly gives off that vibe. Everyone feels flat and should be fleshed out a little more. Even the canon characters feel flat. Try to expand on the little things about them, like likes and dislikes, hobbies, fears... and though you do seem alright in terms of relationships, I wish you'd detail on it more.

You also need to detail the events more. Elaborate Ghana's thoughts on what's happening. Add some variety and use a thesaurus to replace overused words, though don't do that too often or you'll end up having something similar to a Twilight book. Take this for example:

Quote :
"Egypt…since when did you get big hands….since when did you even-"

"It's not me," he said, blandly.

"Hey you guys!" Denmark said loudly.

"Denny….next time tell us….Seychelles said, slowly taking his hand and putting it down.

"Yeah! Ha! The king of northern Europe always has his welcome!" He bellowed. The girls rolled their eyes. Egypt just starred.

Though it's nice that you stopped yourself from using said the fourth time in the last paragraph, it still feels pretty redundant. Instead, you could try this (Hope you don't mind that I've taken some liberties):

Quote :
"Egypt... since when did you get big hands?" Ghana asked as she blinked in confusion. "And since when did you even-"

"It's not me." muttered Egypt. And he was right, Ghana noted when she looked at him, as his hands were placed on the table, clasped together in a way that made it seem like he was praying.

Even more confused, Ghana looked around to find the owner of said hands that were wrapped around Seychelles and her. Her gaze landed on a man with spiky blond hair and twinkling blue eyes, carrying an obnoxiously wide grin on his face.

"Hey guys!" he greeted cheerfully in a deafening voice. "What's up?"

"Denny..." Seychelles said with a sigh as she slowly took his hand off her shoulders and set it down. "at least tell us next time you're coming."

"Ha! As if!" Denmark bellowed. "The king of Northern Europe always has his welcome!" and with those words, his smile grew wider.

The girls rolled their eyes. Egypt just stared.

... yeah. You get my point.

-looks at your profile for the summary- And you spelled 'various' wrong. You have to be careful about grammar and spelling when typing summaries- it gives people a glimpse at what the story might be like, and seeing a misspelling would give people the impression that your writing isn't good at all. You also need to explain the plot in the summary, instead of just listing off all the pairings you plan to put.

I suggest you get a good beta reader, especially someone who's very familiar with the series and its characters. I also suggest you take a step back from your writing and try to think over your story, as it seems you don't really have an idea on where its going. (This is coming from first-hand experience. Very few of my fanfics have been planned past the first chapter, and as a result are very difficult to write about. Just look here: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6422504/1/Inferno I failed to plan beyond the fourth chapter, and as a result you can see how choppy the last two chapters are. Now I'm taking a break from that story and thinking it over.)

And yeah, you do have to be a member of LJ. Just click "Join Community" when you reach the Hetalia fan community, and you can access all the things they don't want you to see. XD

Thank you for telling me! I wanna put a profile of the african OCs on my profile. I'm not sure if it's okay...I am redoing the WHOLE story right now. Everything. I wanted to make it a kindergarten one but (I hate to admit I HATE GirirPan but I see those two as friends and that's it) as my fluff plot for that story

I really liked your story! ^^ I really did! I couldn't write a really good story..U.U I knew how but then I Lost it...
But I like the Gakuen set cause it was cute with all the giggles and they're typical school girls. I'm gonna use human names though.

Oh! :O Do you have the link :W I can't seem to find it
Back to top Go down
TheOutsider

TheOutsider

PostSubject: Re: So, why the hell does EVERYONE like Hetalia? It makes no sense!   So, why the hell does EVERYONE like Hetalia? It makes no sense! - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 8:02 am

friedyam wrote:

Thank you for telling me! I wanna put a profile of the african OCs on my profile. I'm not sure if it's okay...I am redoing the WHOLE story right now. Everything. I wanted to make it a kindergarten one but (I hate to admit I HATE GirirPan but I see those two as friends and that's it) as my fluff plot for that story

I really liked your story! ^^ I really did! I couldn't write a really good story..U.U I knew how but then I Lost it...
But I like the Gakuen set cause it was cute with all the giggles and they're typical school girls. I'm gonna use human names though.

You can do that. Very Happy But it's recommended you describe your characters to us while writing the story. What I mean is, introduce us to Ghana and tell us her likes and dislikes, her personality, her fears and dreams by referencing them every now and then in your story. If you make a character profile, make sure to use it as a reference in case you find yourself slipping from her characterization, or to give readers more insight on Ghana's character... but usually, the best writers show pretty much everything the reader needs to know about the character through the story. ^^;

Thank you. XD But it's not my best... I know I can do better, but writer's block has me in its grasp as of the moment...

A kindergarten story would be cute! Very Happy And its something different, compared to all the High School AUs out there.

It's best you use human names. Truthfully, I never got Gakuen Hetalia... I mean, as an all-human high school AU, it's fine, but with them as nations? I don't understand it. Unless they can provide an interesting explanation for it.
Back to top Go down
friedyam

PostSubject: Re: So, why the hell does EVERYONE like Hetalia? It makes no sense!   So, why the hell does EVERYONE like Hetalia? It makes no sense! - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 1:29 am

TheOutsider wrote:
friedyam wrote:

You can do that. Very Happy But it's recommended you describe your characters to us while writing the story. What I mean is, introduce us to Ghana and tell us her likes and dislikes, her personality, her fears and dreams by referencing them every now and then in your story. If you make a character profile, make sure to use it as a reference in case you find yourself slipping from her characterization, or to give readers more insight on Ghana's character... but usually, the best writers show pretty much everything the reader needs to know about the character through the story. ^^;

Thank you. XD But it's not my best... I know I can do better, but writer's block has me in its grasp as of the moment...

A kindergarten story would be cute! Very Happy And its something different, compared to all the High School AUs out there.

It's best you use human names. Truthfully, I never got Gakuen Hetalia... I mean, as an all-human high school AU, it's fine, but with them as nations? I don't understand it. Unless they can provide an interesting explanation for it.

I have it here now! Redone!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6857710/1/Silly_little_crush
I may change it and make Turkey a heartless jerk. But It was alot better than my first in my opinion. My baby one will be about hetalia daycare.

Yeah. I have in my other stiory through her POV that she and america are friends but she laughs. She HATES spiders (of course) and she's got a pet goat, not to mention (I forgot her curl) stands for greater Tema.
Back to top Go down
TheOutsider

TheOutsider

PostSubject: Re: So, why the hell does EVERYONE like Hetalia? It makes no sense!   So, why the hell does EVERYONE like Hetalia? It makes no sense! - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 3:35 pm

friedyam wrote:

I may change it and make Turkey a heartless jerk. But It was alot better than my first in my opinion. My baby one will be about hetalia daycare.

Yeah. I have in my other stiory through her POV that she and america are friends but she laughs. She HATES spiders (of course) and she's got a pet goat, not to mention (I forgot her curl) stands for greater Tema.

Alright, then. -reads-

The beginning confused me. What exactly happened between Lovi and Efia? It's quite unclear. There are a few typos here and there. I also suggest you double-space between each new paragraph. Other than that, though, the writing has improved. Very Happy

My suggestion for getting a good beta reader still stands, though. At least get someone to go over any of the typos you might miss and fix some awkward phrasing. It won't hurt~
Back to top Go down
friedyam

PostSubject: Re: So, why the hell does EVERYONE like Hetalia? It makes no sense!   So, why the hell does EVERYONE like Hetalia? It makes no sense! - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 5:00 am

TheOutsider wrote:
friedyam wrote:

Alright, then. -reads-

The beginning confused me. What exactly happened between Lovi and Efia? It's quite unclear. There are a few typos here and there. I also suggest you double-space between each new paragraph. Other than that, though, the writing has improved. Very Happy

My suggestion for getting a good beta reader still stands, though. At least get someone to go over any of the typos you might miss and fix some awkward phrasing. It won't hurt~

yeah. She deson't hate him...but she doesnt like him. she TRIES to make friends with him but she sees him as a jerk. Thanks though! ^^ I'm gonna edit a few things.
I've decided to make Turkey a heartless jerk in the end (xD! I know it's mean...but I want it to be...sad)

:O Are you a beta reader? Normally when I type it the stupid word speller thing just...UGH! (I type it on word document normally)
Back to top Go down
TheOutsider

TheOutsider

PostSubject: Re: So, why the hell does EVERYONE like Hetalia? It makes no sense!   So, why the hell does EVERYONE like Hetalia? It makes no sense! - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 7:06 am

friedyam wrote:

yeah. She deson't hate him...but she doesnt like him. she TRIES to make friends with him but she sees him as a jerk. Thanks though! ^^ I'm gonna edit a few things.
I've decided to make Turkey a heartless jerk in the end (xD! I know it's mean...but I want it to be...sad)

:O Are you a beta reader? Normally when I type it the stupid word speller thing just...UGH! (I type it on word document normally)

I see... you do know that Romano is surprisingly nice around women, right? XD

Heartbreaking ending? That's good. Very Happy -adores heartbreaking endings-

Not really. -shrug- I can beta, but I don't unless I'm personally asked. ^^;
Back to top Go down
friedyam

PostSubject: Re: So, why the hell does EVERYONE like Hetalia? It makes no sense!   So, why the hell does EVERYONE like Hetalia? It makes no sense! - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 10:11 pm

TheOutsider wrote:
friedyam wrote:

I see... you do know that Romano is surprisingly nice around women, right? XD

Heartbreaking ending? That's good. Very Happy -adores heartbreaking endings-

Not really. -shrug- I can beta, but I don't unless I'm personally asked. ^^;

yeah....i forgot about that! dammit me and my OOC!

Me too! he's already paired up with Iceland in the story anyways (Greece and Iceland are already going out but I wanted to mke them secret lovers.) yet Ghana can't let him goo ^^
xD!

Oh! do you have a favourite part?
I coul beta my profile as well but im too lazy T.T
Back to top Go down
TheOutsider

TheOutsider

PostSubject: Re: So, why the hell does EVERYONE like Hetalia? It makes no sense!   So, why the hell does EVERYONE like Hetalia? It makes no sense! - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 3:59 am

friedyam wrote:

Me too! he's already paired up with Iceland in the story anyways (Greece and Iceland are already going out but I wanted to mke them secret lovers.) yet Ghana can't let him goo ^^
xD!

It's okay~ It's not that much of a widely known fact. XD

I was also hoping for some PortEng friendship, since the Anglo-Portugese treaty of 1373 is the longest active (yes, still active) friendship treaty in the world. But I'm not going to force that on you, so... XD

TurkIce? O.o You were around for the Bloodbath. I know it.

When Ghana met Turkey. XD I could imagine it as a sparkly shoujo moment, for some reason.

You could always ask me to beta, since you're doing it personally. XD
Back to top Go down
friedyam

PostSubject: Re: So, why the hell does EVERYONE like Hetalia? It makes no sense!   So, why the hell does EVERYONE like Hetalia? It makes no sense! - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 4:11 am

TheOutsider wrote:
friedyam wrote:

xD!

It's okay~ It's not that much of a widely known fact. XD

I was also hoping for some PortEng friendship, since the Anglo-Portugese treaty of 1373 is the longest active (yes, still active) friendship treaty in the world. But I'm not going to force that on you, so... XD

TurkIce? O.o You were around for the Bloodbath. I know it.

When Ghana met Turkey. XD I could imagine it as a sparkly shoujo moment, for some reason.

You could always ask me to beta, since you're doing it personally. XD

Oh no it's fine! I can do that too! ^^ Lol..it's funny cause even though Ghana is also freinds with Portugal *me and my friend have already come up with OC!Portugal* in my next story her and Brazil have some fight (It;s about Cuba) and her and Romano are like brother and sister (Spain is why)

But my friend says Portugal and England are very good friends so they will be in a few of my stories !(I cant wait until I find a plot for those two)

xD! Don't worry...My OTP is GreecexTurkey so...But I do love to write about TurkeyxIceland maybe GreecexIceland.
(Yeah...But I didn't find out about the bloodbath until probably Jan. 29th sadly so I felt like a bit of a looser)
I was freaking out when I saw Cameroon! I could read it over AND over again!
And besides, I freakin lovee Turkey and Iceland's relationship. I kinda also want GermanyxIceland too

I dunno...I may start writing more GhanaxTurkey stuff...(That's what I think when she sees him; he starts to sparkle and it's really hilarious cause she acts all girly around him even when he's a jerk to her...)
Back to top Go down
TheOutsider

TheOutsider

PostSubject: Re: So, why the hell does EVERYONE like Hetalia? It makes no sense!   So, why the hell does EVERYONE like Hetalia? It makes no sense! - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 4:57 am

friedyam wrote:

Oh no it's fine! I can do that too! ^^ Lol..it's funny cause even though Ghana is also freinds with Portugal *me and my friend have already come up with OC!Portugal* in my next story her and Brazil have some fight (It;s about Cuba) and her and Romano are like brother and sister (Spain is why)

But my friend says Portugal and England are very good friends so they will be in a few of my stories !(I cant wait until I find a plot for those two)

xD! Don't worry...My OTP is GreecexTurkey so...But I do love to write about TurkeyxIceland maybe GreecexIceland.
(Yeah...But I didn't find out about the bloodbath until probably Jan. 29th sadly so I felt like a bit of a looser)
And besides, I freakin lovee Turkey and Iceland's relationship. I kinda also want GermanyxIceland too

I dunno...I may start writing more GhanaxTurkey stuff...(That's what I think when she sees him; he starts to sparkle and it's really hilarious cause she acts all girly around him even when he's a jerk to her...)

Well hooray? XD

I can see Portugal babying Spain in public since they're siblings and all. XD

As someone who adores FrUk, despite knowing it's wrong (But then again, after doing some research, it's more of an on and off relationship than one of intense bitter rivalry, though my odd stance still stands), and AmeriMano, while having a heavy influx of UsUk fanfics planned out, I can sort of understand.

Did you at least attend the April Fool's event, at least? (I didn't get my request. -sadface-)

As long as they don't get married and/or have kids, it's fine. XD
Back to top Go down
friedyam

PostSubject: Re: So, why the hell does EVERYONE like Hetalia? It makes no sense!   So, why the hell does EVERYONE like Hetalia? It makes no sense! - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 12:00 am

TheOutsider wrote:
friedyam wrote:

Well hooray? XD

I can see Portugal babying Spain in public since they're siblings and all. XD

As someone who adores FrUk, despite knowing it's wrong (But then again, after doing some research, it's more of an on and off relationship than one of intense bitter rivalry, though my odd stance still stands), and AmeriMano, while having a heavy influx of UsUk fanfics planned out, I can sort of understand.

Did you at least attend the April Fool's event, at least? (I didn't get my request. -sadface-)

As long as they don't get married and/or have kids, it's fine. XD

YES! I saw! Wait the one with France trying to strip everybody? ^^!

Yeah....in mah daycare story Portugal and Spain are the care taker people, and Romano and Brazil are like brothers and sisters. xD! Brazil belongs to Portugal of course xD!
I would ship England and Portugal *Is tired of seeing IggyxSey* No T.T

oh? I prefer intense bitter rivlary. And it's funny cause I dislike both UsUk and FrUk (RoChu as well)

hahahah! don't worry...I cant be one for mpreg T.T Grrr...I cant really stand writing about that
Back to top Go down
TheOutsider

TheOutsider

PostSubject: Re: So, why the hell does EVERYONE like Hetalia? It makes no sense!   So, why the hell does EVERYONE like Hetalia? It makes no sense! - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 8:12 am

friedyam wrote:

Yeah....in mah daycare story Portugal and Spain are the care taker people, and Romano and Brazil are like brothers and sisters. xD! Brazil belongs to Portugal of course xD!

oh? I prefer intense bitter rivlary. And it's funny cause I dislike both UsUk and FrUk (RoChu as well)

hahahah! don't worry...I cant be one for mpreg T.T Grrr...I cant really stand writing about that

Um, no? XD The April Fool's Event was when everyone wore skimpy outfits upon the fans' requests.

I wish Portugal had a set design already. (That tomboy girl with a scar on her face is currently my favorite~)

I believe in the Entente Cordiale!

I don't even support UsUk, actually. >.> But it's perhaps the easiest pairing to do in fanfiction, since most of my plots call for it.

I don't like RoChu either.

Ghana's a guy? XD
Back to top Go down
friedyam

PostSubject: Re: So, why the hell does EVERYONE like Hetalia? It makes no sense!   So, why the hell does EVERYONE like Hetalia? It makes no sense! - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 12:19 am

TheOutsider wrote:
friedyam wrote:

Um, no? XD The April Fool's Event was when everyone wore skimpy outfits upon the fans' requests.

I wish Portugal had a set design already. (That tomboy girl with a scar on her face is currently my favorite~)

I believe in the Entente Cordiale!

I don't even support UsUk, actually. >.> But it's perhaps the easiest pairing to do in fanfiction, since most of my plots call for it.

I don't like RoChu either.

Sorry this iTouch is being stupid so I can't get the quote things. Anyways I needed too see this!!! Is Finland in as well!! I LOVE HIM!!! SOO cute!

No, Ghana's a she xD ... Greece laughs at her cause of her "Oh Turkey this" ... But yeah
Same with GiriPan... I HATE but I can write U.U so sad...

UsUk... For some reason I think it's okay but I'm tired of seeing it. I prefer brute!England especially when I finish the gakuen thing that's how I imagine him and India.

Lol she's got sooo many designs xD

Ghana's a guy? XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, why the hell does EVERYONE like Hetalia? It makes no sense!   So, why the hell does EVERYONE like Hetalia? It makes no sense! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

So, why the hell does EVERYONE like Hetalia? It makes no sense!
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4