Hate Hetalia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you HATE HETALIA this is your place =)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Problems with pairings

Go down 
+4
Lalala
mystery123
ajshim
TheOutsider
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TheOutsider

TheOutsider

Problems with pairings Empty
PostSubject: Problems with pairings   Problems with pairings EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 10:56 am

Alright, let's breathe a little life back into this forum, shall we? -blows away dust and cobwebs-

I don't understand RussAm. I mean, historically, the two countries pretty much hated each other. And yet people like to think the two only hate each other because they secretly want to fuck each other. It's the same with FrUk.

I also don't get SweFin. From what I've heard, Finns DISLIKE Swedes, and vice versa. And the whole BFF thing with Poland and Lithuania? Last time I checked, the two still held a grudge against each other because of Vilnius.

What about you guys? What are your pairing qualms?
Back to top Go down
ajshim

ajshim

PostSubject: Re: Problems with pairings   Problems with pairings EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 6:45 pm

I am going to have to agree with you. I don't know how these pairing works. When most of the countries that getting paired either hate each other or had almost nothing to do with each other or have yet to meet in some way. I don't get it.
Back to top Go down
TheOutsider

TheOutsider

PostSubject: Re: Problems with pairings   Problems with pairings EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 6:45 pm

ajshim wrote:
I am going to have to agree with you. I don't know how these pairing works. When most of the countries that getting paired either hate each other or had almost nothing to do with each other or have yet to meet in some way. I don't get it.

I guess it's partly because of the whole "Hate = Love" thing? It still doesn't make much sense though, even historically.

The only pairings I actually get are DenNor, because of what I heard about the Danes and Norwegians being all buddy-buddy, and JapanTaiwan, because I heard that the Taiwanese look up to Japan and recall colonization with a certain fondness.
Back to top Go down
ajshim

ajshim

PostSubject: Re: Problems with pairings   Problems with pairings EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 6:39 pm

The rest seem kinda random to me.
Back to top Go down
mystery123

PostSubject: Re: Problems with pairings   Problems with pairings EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 2:46 am

I like Austria/Hungary because it actually represents a time period in history when Austria and Hungary were one empire, and it's not yaoi, which I am not a fan of. That's the only one that I actually enjoy.

France/anyone and Russia/anyone pairings drive me crazy. Poland/Lithuania is based on the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, which ended with the partitions of Poland, shown in Hetalia by Russia dragging Lithuania away while Poland lies on the ground and laughs. After that, they didn't have the best relations. Most pairings in general, especially fan pairings, seem to just be about sticking two random characters together and not worrying about whether the countries ever interacted or what sort of interactions they have had.
Back to top Go down
ajshim

ajshim

PostSubject: Re: Problems with pairings   Problems with pairings EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 6:35 pm

I'm just waiting for a fan to make a pairing of two countries at one point in history just down hate each other, but just become another Yaoi pairing and get people angry, then the artist / creator of the fan art is going to be confused as to why they are.
Back to top Go down
Lalala

Lalala

PostSubject: Re: Problems with pairings   Problems with pairings EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 1:09 am

ajshim wrote:
I'm just waiting for a fan to make a pairing of two countries at one point in history just down hate each other, but just become another Yaoi pairing and get people angry, then the artist / creator of the fan art is going to be confused as to why they are.

Let's see...
America x Belarus
As mentioned before: France x England and Russia x America
Lithuania x Russia
Latvia x Russia
Prussia x Russia
Austria x Prussia
Prussia x Hungary
Poland x Russia
Poland x Prussia
Ukraine x Russia ((AND they're portrayed as siblings in the show))
China x Taiwan
Denmark x Sweden
England x Seychelles
France x Seychelles
Greece x Turkey
Korea x Japan
Netherlands x Spain
Rome x Germania

And that's just some of them. I've heard stranger ones. Anyways, for a list of hetalia pairings (not all of them, but some of them) check here

Some of them are more strange than anything ((such as Sealand x Latvia- I'll let you wonder how that happened))
Back to top Go down
TheOutsider

TheOutsider

PostSubject: Re: Problems with pairings   Problems with pairings EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 12:18 pm

Don't forget the obscure rarepairs that have varying degrees of making sense. Which, depending on the pair, are growing more popular...

Apparently, as I've said before, it's probably because of the whole Hate = Love thing. Which still doesn't make sense to me. How does that work out?
Back to top Go down
ajshim

ajshim

PostSubject: Re: Problems with pairings   Problems with pairings EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 12:31 am

Wow I didn't expect someone to actually do it. Haha
Back to top Go down
Lalala

Lalala

PostSubject: Re: Problems with pairings   Problems with pairings EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 4:38 am

ajshim wrote:
Wow I didn't expect someone to actually do it. Haha

Trust me. When it comes to fandoms, it's best not to expect something to happen/ not to happen. Don't even be surprised anymore... Fandoms are known to attract insanity.
Back to top Go down
ajshim

ajshim

PostSubject: Re: Problems with pairings   Problems with pairings EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 6:57 pm

I'll be sure to keep that in mind. I guess I didn't expect something like this since I'm not too into anime anymore.
Back to top Go down
crossover

PostSubject: Re: Problems with pairings   Problems with pairings EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 8:03 am

ok i'm guilty of for shipping countires together. i don't like the series but love the fanart based on it though(i love most het pairngs escpecially, i'm not a yaoi/yuri fan)

there is a few het pairngs i can't stand though
belarus/russia
france/seychelles
ukraine/russia
netherlands/belgium
Back to top Go down
Mayuri

Mayuri

PostSubject: Re: Problems with pairings   Problems with pairings EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 7:48 am

Okay, I honestly never meant a person who "literally" ships countries together. I mean, I just ship characters, not country. And I know people who does the same. The way I see it, they're more of representations (figurehead) rather than actual personifications... They have their own freewill and personal life after all.

Oh, I don't ship FRUK. Personally, I see them more like bickering brothers than former lovers. >>; I also dislike the Hate = Love relationships. I just dislike violent relationships in general...
Back to top Go down
Deleted Account

PostSubject: Re: Problems with pairings   Problems with pairings EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 11:43 pm

Last edited by birdistheworld on Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:09 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
crossover

PostSubject: Re: Problems with pairings   Problems with pairings EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 5:50 am

birdistheworld wrote:
TheOutsider wrote:
Alright, let's breathe a little life back into this forum, shall we? -blows away dust and cobwebs-

I don't understand RussAm. I mean, historically, the two countries pretty much hated each other. And yet people like to think the two only hate each other because they secretly want to fuck each other. It's the same with FrUk.

I also don't get SweFin. From what I've heard, Finns DISLIKE Swedes, and vice versa. And the whole BFF thing with Poland and Lithuania? Last time I checked, the two still held a grudge against each other because of Vilnius.

What about you guys? What are your pairing qualms?

I hate yaoi. There, I said it.

I just think that it's really weird for a country to be considered "gay". That's kinda insulting as well for the people of the country as well (and no, I am not against gays, but for a whole population of people to be considered gay when they're not is kind of bad...)

I have only 1 pairing that I like. Austria-Hungary. Because it actually happened (the whole Austrio-Hungary empire or something) and because it's boy-girl.

I don't understand any of the pairings you said either. Mostly USUK. That pairing is SICK! I mean, they hate each other so much, who would they be secretly in love???

This is my opinion, and I hope it didn't hurt anyone's feelings, or I'm sorry.
i love austria/hungary too, and i mean to say the characters, not the countries literally, i just worded it wrong.

i don't like yaoi/yuri either, but the only yaoi pairng i'm ok with is hre/chibitalia, the other yaoi pairs in hetalia bug me(and all yuri too)
Back to top Go down
HewaBird

PostSubject: Re: Problems with pairings   Problems with pairings EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 7:30 am

I am alright with yaoi and yuri if in the anime/manga the characters actually show romantic feelings towards each other and the pairing could happen. I guess that it is expected of anything with more characters of one sex than the other that the fans will create every yaoi and yuri pairing possible whether it makes sense or not. For example, look at the my little pony fandom. (bad example i know LOL, but i see it everywhere. flower) Most of the characters are female and if it makes sense or not, they pair every female with every other female and every male with every other male...why? I don't know, but I think they could make more sense with their pairings and not pair them up randomly...
Back to top Go down
Deleted Account

PostSubject: Re: Problems with pairings   Problems with pairings EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 1:28 am

Last edited by birdistheworld on Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
HewaBird

PostSubject: Re: Problems with pairings   Problems with pairings EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 12:35 am

Lol I don't like, but the show was designed for children but it is extremely popular with teenagers and aults. Heck, it's all over deviantart and quite a few of my friends are into it too and some of them are over 18...
Back to top Go down
Deleted Account

PostSubject: Re: Problems with pairings   Problems with pairings EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 4:42 am

Last edited by birdistheworld on Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
crossover

PostSubject: Re: Problems with pairings   Problems with pairings EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 8:12 am

HewaBird wrote:
Lol I don't like, but the show was designed for children but it is extremely popular with teenagers and aults. Heck, it's all over deviantart and quite a few of my friends are into it too and some of them are over 18...

that's weird, because it didn't seem like a kids show to me
Back to top Go down
HewaBird

PostSubject: Re: Problems with pairings   Problems with pairings EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 10:14 pm

crossover wrote:
HewaBird wrote:

that's weird, because it didn't seem like a kids show to me

It was originally made for young girls, but most of the fans are a lot older...
Back to top Go down
ajshim

ajshim

PostSubject: Re: Problems with pairings   Problems with pairings EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 4:09 am

How...interesting. Anyways let's get back to the subject at hand. I suppose fans of any anything are going to make weird and "interesting" things, either it be pairings or stories that have strange and twisted ending. Or even funny endings. (For and example look up Digimon Savez Teh World111111 on youtube.)
Back to top Go down
Deleted Account

PostSubject: Re: Problems with pairings   Problems with pairings EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 2:58 pm

Last edited by birdistheworld on Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mayuri

Mayuri

PostSubject: Re: Problems with pairings   Problems with pairings EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 10:14 pm

Quote :
I don't understand any of the pairings you said either. Mostly USUK. That pairing is SICK! I mean, they hate each other so much, who would they be secretly in love???

I'm not all that much a fan of the USUK pairing. But, only because canonly England continuously views America as a child and his little brother. And America is really a child, in the series, seeking England's attention because he never got any when he was younger because England lived across the ocean and was much too busy with "other stuff".

I just hate it how some fans exaggerates every single moment they have. No, it does not mean they are in love just because England screamed "America" in the movie when America got hit. And England being uke, and I hate the UKefication or the "you can't spell uke without UK" stuff.

And Prussia did not say anything about "seizing vital regions" for gawd's sake!

*sighs*

This is a personal head-canon, everyone is bi in someway which is why I'm pretty much open to any pairing. And when I'm not just referring to Hetalia, I'm referring to every other series, unless stated otherwise by the author.

And I just ranted a bit and gotten a bit too passionate. Sorry about that. //hides face now.
Back to top Go down
Deleted Account

PostSubject: Re: Problems with pairings   Problems with pairings EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 1:01 am

Last edited by birdistheworld on Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problems with pairings   Problems with pairings Empty

Back to top Go down

Problems with pairings
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hate Hetalia :: Hate Hetalia :: Hetalicrap-
Jump to: