Hate Hetalia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you HATE HETALIA this is your place =)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

South Korea bans Hetalia

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ajshim

ajshim

South Korea bans Hetalia  Empty
PostSubject: South Korea bans Hetalia    South Korea bans Hetalia  EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 9:27 pm

I as a Korean and a lover of history, I find Hetalia as a huge insult. I honestly don't understand why people like it. But what really blows my mind is that Korea is the only country that unanimously hates Hetalia. So much that the country banned the anime / manga from ever approaching Korean stores. Yet people complain and hate Korea for doing so.

Last edited by ajshim on Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheOutsider

TheOutsider

PostSubject: Re: South Korea bans Hetalia    South Korea bans Hetalia  EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 2:53 am

It's more of because they overreacted a bit.

I understand banning it and all, but broadcasting it on TV and declaring it a national crime? To me, it seems too much (And I read somewhere that some Koreans even planned to bomb the creator or something. Though I can't verify if it's legit or not, if it is... extreme much?)

(... actually, considering how the creator portrays Korea here, it's actually quite an improvement from how Japanese mangakas usually portray Koreans.)
Back to top Go down
ajshim

ajshim

PostSubject: Re: South Korea bans Hetalia    South Korea bans Hetalia  EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 7:34 am

You mean like how Koreans are never in Japanese animes.

Also the bombing is probably just a rumor. There is no need to go as far as to killing someone.

Last edited by ajshim on Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More to add on the subject.)
Back to top Go down
TheOutsider

TheOutsider

PostSubject: Re: South Korea bans Hetalia    South Korea bans Hetalia  EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 4:25 pm

Well, that's true. Koreans have appeared here and there in some Japanese stuff, but you don't really see them in anime.

In manga, however... I won't say it's entirely true. There is another manga, and it's called Manga Kenkanryu. It's disgusting. Compare it to Hetalia, I'll leave you to judge which is worse.

It probably is. The one site that had actual working links to things that might back up the bombing thing is gone.
Back to top Go down
ajshim

ajshim

PostSubject: Re: South Korea bans Hetalia    South Korea bans Hetalia  EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 6:17 pm

Hmm I'll check it out.
Back to top Go down
GaGaalinG

GaGaalinG

PostSubject: Re: South Korea bans Hetalia    South Korea bans Hetalia  EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 8:52 pm

TheOutsider wrote:
It's more of because they overreacted a bit.

I understand banning it and all, but broadcasting it on TV and declaring it a national crime? To me, it seems too much (And I read somewhere that some Koreans even planned to bomb the creator or something. Though I can't verify if it's legit or not, if it is... extreme much?)

(... actually, considering how the creator portrays Korea here, it's actually quite an improvement from how Japanese mangakas usually portray Koreans.)

I don't really think they could be considered overreacting. I mean, that's what a lot of fans say, but they have no idea of the history and relationship of Korea and Japan, and Hetalia doesn't help that one bit. it's not that Korea was overreacting, it's that people don't understand Korea, mainly cuz they're stuck on Japanese culture.
Back to top Go down
ajshim

ajshim

PostSubject: Re: South Korea bans Hetalia    South Korea bans Hetalia  EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 12:59 am

And its because of that, people think that Koreans are complete assholes when it comes to anything that is Japanese. If that's true why do so many Koreans loves other Japanese animes, like Gundam, One Piece, Detective Conan and etc.
Back to top Go down
GaGaalinG

GaGaalinG

PostSubject: Re: South Korea bans Hetalia    South Korea bans Hetalia  EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 5:29 am

ajshim wrote:
And its because of that, people think that Koreans are complete assholes when it comes to anything that is Japanese. If that's true why do so many Koreans loves other Japanese animes, like Gundam, One Piece, Detective Conan and etc.

yes anyone who thinks poorly of Korea should be looked down on, it's ridiculous. Koreans don't hate Japanese, just the government for not having apologized still, and they try to make Koreans seem to be at fault for Japans rape and genocide of Korea to get out of blame. however Japan has no reason to hate Koreans, but there are some who do anyway, because of propaganda. I feel as though hetalia is a part of this propaganda as well. only it reaches out further than Japan. which is disasterous.
Back to top Go down
ajshim

ajshim

PostSubject: Re: South Korea bans Hetalia    South Korea bans Hetalia  EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 6:05 pm

Now more people are going to hate Korea. Of course most of them would be wannabe Japanese otakus or obsessive fans who can't seem to understand that Japan isn't the great country that they believe and that Korea is nothing. Yet I really wish people to be more interested in Korean culture, instead of just thinking that Japan is practically all of Asia. I found a magazine about places that are worth going in Asia and Korea wasn't even mentioned! It wasn't even on the map! I know may sound like some preachy Korean guy who wants people to like Korea, but really it is a problem when people think that Japan is the single greatest country in the world! Japan did horrible things as did Korea. No country is the greatest country in the world! We all have our flaws and strong points.
Back to top Go down
Reanbell

Reanbell

PostSubject: Re: South Korea bans Hetalia    South Korea bans Hetalia  EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 5:55 am

A have a friend who is Korean, so I learn about her culture a lot of the time. Smile She used to live there and still visits there so... I get pretty defensive of people who speak against it. I have a problem with stereotypes in general, I personally think that this show should be banned if not in more places, completely banned. >_> It's such a childish thing and people think those of us that are upset about it are being too sensitive...

I think you should be able to express your liking and disliking of something freely. If people hate what's going on Hetalia, they should be able to express it. Rolling Eyes I don't understand why it's a hard concept for people. Thick skulls? Is there any valid excuse... >_>

I think different cultures are beautiful and interesting, and shouldn't be made fun of. :I Especially what they did to Korea. . . FAIL on so many levels. You can't just judge people so easily because of their past, or present. Not every single damn person acts the same way, for the love of Christ. <=/
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/rikuxsorafangirl
ajshim

ajshim

PostSubject: Re: South Korea bans Hetalia    South Korea bans Hetalia  EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 7:40 am

Seriously, the fans can say that the jokes / insults are harmless and has no negative impact on anyone, but once people start saying what they don't like about it. The fans (not all of them of course) throw a fit! So what? We're not allowed to say that this show can be insulting?! While it's ok for the fans to make fun of the nations?! We have fans who have made the Nazi salute as their signature sign now!

So yeah, I would love to see a Hetalia fan go up to someone who fought during WWII, a person who is or knows someone who is Jewish and any anti Nazi group and do their new salute. Let's see what happens. Yet Fans say that Koreans are now being childish? How about looking at the point of views of the victims for once.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: South Korea bans Hetalia    South Korea bans Hetalia  Empty

Back to top Go down

South Korea bans Hetalia
Page 1 of 1