Hate Hetalia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you HATE HETALIA this is your place =)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hetalitard making the fandumb even worse.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GaGaalinG

GaGaalinG

Hetalitard  making the fandumb even worse. Empty
PostSubject: Hetalitard making the fandumb even worse.   Hetalitard  making the fandumb even worse. EmptyWed May 25, 2011 7:08 am

mk so on deviant art a hetalia fan posted stuff like Hetalia is suppose to be stereotypical yata yata yata on their signature it says "Prussia, you or all people should know that AWESOMENESS originated in Korea." I said.

"you do know that "everything originated in Korea" stuff is a racist derogatory portrayal of Korea that originated from Japan because of all the culture Japan stole from Korea and also destroyed right? they say Koreans are culture thieves because Korea provided evidence that Japan had stolen arts and pottery etc from Korea and have them sitting in Tokyo Museums right now claiming they originated in Japan... all Japan could do is say Korea is trying to take the culture for themselves by blaming others and lying that it was stolen from them... thus we have "everything originated in Korea" statement... so no it's not stereotyping... it's hardcore racism." to make the point that it's not all stereotypes and apparently she's the kind that thinks "EVERYTHING" in Hetalia is or could be true cuz she replied. "

hey it could be true you no, plus some do say that everything originated from korea or at least a few. also other nations relations could might as well be just that" then I reply

"it's not true, Korea has documented evidence that what Japan stole was never theirs. and no they don't claim everything originated in Korea. and what does other nations relations have to do with it? we're talking about Japan and Korea, other nations are irrelevant on this topic."

I was in a bit of a rush from being busy so I left it at that then I sent another message supporting my point further, because it wouldn't be fair if I just said, no it's not like that now go away, so I intelligently stated points and brought forth facts in my second message saying.

"so yeah, it still stands as racism, it's no where near stereotyping... and it served only to dehumanize the Koreans. and when I say documented evidence I'm talking not only about documents. I'm talking about Photographs U.S soldiers took. documents the Koreans had and have today, documents the Chinese have which help support Korean documents and the contradictory documents the Japanese have. also the history Japan has with trying to take stuff for themselves like back when Japan annexed Korea Korean's had no rights and were treated as less than human, a Korean man entered the Olympics and Japan told him he had to sign as Japanese so if he one anything the prize and the glory would go to Japan. the Korean one first place winning a ancient gold greek helmet worth millions and signed as Korean, so the reward went to Korea but since it was annexed Japan came along and took it for themselves. so no... this isn't a case of "you never know" because we DO know... and no, as I said before, there are no Koreans who believe everything originated in Korea. and Japan has proven to be guilty of such thinking more than Korea as they've shown it throughout history. so yes... the portrayal is racist and derogatory."

then she asked "why did you answer twice?" and I replied saying how I was busy and didn't have time to finish my thought. then she said. "Sorry but I didn't read either." and I replied. "which is why Hetalia has such a big fandumb."

this is why I think it's a load of bull. when Hetalia fans say either they learn history when they watch Hetalia or "are inspired and motivated to learn history and pay attention to it." because if that were true she would have listened as I was educating her on history... but no, she didn't want to hear it cause she's not interested in history. she wants to pretend chibi's with the hots for each other is teaching history. then to those who don't know her and say Hetalia doesn't teach history. she'll tell them "it may not teach history or be accurate to history, but it makes people want to learn history even more." how two faced is that?

this is why Hetalia fans are hated... this girl was so bad it made me want to come cry to the Hetalia fans I talk to here.
Back to top Go down
Lalala

Lalala

PostSubject: Re: Hetalitard making the fandumb even worse.   Hetalitard  making the fandumb even worse. EmptyWed May 25, 2011 11:51 pm

GaGaalinG wrote:
mk so on deviant art a hetalia fan posted stuff like Hetalia is suppose to be stereotypical yata yata yata on their signature it says "Prussia, you or all people should know that AWESOMENESS originated in Korea." I said.

"you do know that "everything originated in Korea" stuff is a racist derogatory portrayal of Korea that originated from Japan because of all the culture Japan stole from Korea and also destroyed right? they say Koreans are culture thieves because Korea provided evidence that Japan had stolen arts and pottery etc from Korea and have them sitting in Tokyo Museums right now claiming they originated in Japan... all Japan could do is say Korea is trying to take the culture for themselves by blaming others and lying that it was stolen from them... thus we have "everything originated in Korea" statement... so no it's not stereotyping... it's hardcore racism." to make the point that it's not all stereotypes and apparently she's the kind that thinks "EVERYTHING" in Hetalia is or could be true cuz she replied. "

hey it could be true you no, plus some do say that everything originated from korea or at least a few. also other nations relations could might as well be just that" then I reply

"it's not true, Korea has documented evidence that what Japan stole was never theirs. and no they don't claim everything originated in Korea. and what does other nations relations have to do with it? we're talking about Japan and Korea, other nations are irrelevant on this topic."

I was in a bit of a rush from being busy so I left it at that then I sent another message supporting my point further, because it wouldn't be fair if I just said, no it's not like that now go away, so I intelligently stated points and brought forth facts in my second message saying.

"so yeah, it still stands as racism, it's no where near stereotyping... and it served only to dehumanize the Koreans. and when I say documented evidence I'm talking not only about documents. I'm talking about Photographs U.S soldiers took. documents the Koreans had and have today, documents the Chinese have which help support Korean documents and the contradictory documents the Japanese have. also the history Japan has with trying to take stuff for themselves like back when Japan annexed Korea Korean's had no rights and were treated as less than human, a Korean man entered the Olympics and Japan told him he had to sign as Japanese so if he one anything the prize and the glory would go to Japan. the Korean one first place winning a ancient gold greek helmet worth millions and signed as Korean, so the reward went to Korea but since it was annexed Japan came along and took it for themselves. so no... this isn't a case of "you never know" because we DO know... and no, as I said before, there are no Koreans who believe everything originated in Korea. and Japan has proven to be guilty of such thinking more than Korea as they've shown it throughout history. so yes... the portrayal is racist and derogatory."

then she asked "why did you answer twice?" and I replied saying how I was busy and didn't have time to finish my thought. then she said. "Sorry but I didn't read either." and I replied. "which is why Hetalia has such a big fandumb."

this is why I think it's a load of bull. when Hetalia fans say either they learn history when they watch Hetalia or "are inspired and motivated to learn history and pay attention to it." because if that were true she would have listened as I was educating her on history... but no, she didn't want to hear it cause she's not interested in history. she wants to pretend chibi's with the hots for each other is teaching history. then to those who don't know her and say Hetalia doesn't teach history. she'll tell them "it may not teach history or be accurate to history, but it makes people want to learn history even more." how two faced is that?

this is why Hetalia fans are hated... this girl was so bad it made me want to come cry to the Hetalia fans I talk to here.

Could I please have a link to her deviantart? Because I feel the need to get some things across to her about the difference between Hetalia and History/ Reality. Stuff like this is along the same lines as fans who use nazi symbols and such in their fanart/ cosplay/ etc., completely ignoring that it actually offends people.
Back to top Go down
GaGaalinG

GaGaalinG

PostSubject: Re: Hetalitard making the fandumb even worse.   Hetalitard  making the fandumb even worse. EmptyThu May 26, 2011 1:21 am

Lalala wrote:
GaGaalinG wrote:

Could I please have a link to her deviantart? Because I feel the need to get some things across to her about the difference between Hetalia and History/ Reality. Stuff like this is along the same lines as fans who use nazi symbols and such in their fanart/ cosplay/ etc., completely ignoring that it actually offends people.

you're right, people shouldn't turn their heads and ignore the facts like that, I don't mind if the person would understand what I was saying but still Loved Hetalia none the less, but she told the person who posted that it was all stereotypical jokes but in her signature she had the Korea meme so I tried to clarify the difference between stereotypes and racism. anyway she replied this morning to my comment "this is why Hetalia has such a big fandumb." with "or maybe it's because we don't want to hear other people's complaints." and I would have replied "I wasn't complaining I was simply stating historical facts, and how they correlate to racism towards Korea in Hetalia and your will full ignorance to see it, is like someone willingly denying the holocaust ever happened." anyway the fact that she said she didn't want to see someone else's "complaint" was hypocritical because she replied to the rant/complaint the deviant posted since it was an anti hetalia post. anyway the deviant had to close down his comments cuz too many fans were telling him he was wrong to not like Hetalia. anyway here's the fan's deviant art page.

http://cold-ice-trio.deviantart.com/

good luck trying to get a point across to her. :/

:*) and thanks for having my back.
Back to top Go down
Lalala

Lalala

PostSubject: Re: Hetalitard making the fandumb even worse.   Hetalitard  making the fandumb even worse. EmptyFri May 27, 2011 2:20 pm

GaGaalinG wrote:
Lalala wrote:
GaGaalinG wrote:

you're right, people shouldn't turn their heads and ignore the facts like that, I don't mind if the person would understand what I was saying but still Loved Hetalia none the less, but she told the person who posted that it was all stereotypical jokes but in her signature she had the Korea meme so I tried to clarify the difference between stereotypes and racism. anyway she replied this morning to my comment "this is why Hetalia has such a big fandumb." with "or maybe it's because we don't want to hear other people's complaints." and I would have replied "I wasn't complaining I was simply stating historical facts, and how they correlate to racism towards Korea in Hetalia and your will full ignorance to see it, is like someone willingly denying the holocaust ever happened." anyway the fact that she said she didn't want to see someone else's "complaint" was hypocritical because she replied to the rant/complaint the deviant posted since it was an anti hetalia post. anyway the deviant had to close down his comments cuz too many fans were telling him he was wrong to not like Hetalia. anyway here's the fan's deviant art page.

... Does this user even realize that her "or maybe it's because we don't want to hear people's complaints" comment 1) make it seem as though ever person in the fandom agrees with her 2) show exactly how closed minded she is?

You should look at her webcam thing. More specifically the historical event.
Back to top Go down
GaGaalinG

GaGaalinG

PostSubject: Re: Hetalitard making the fandumb even worse.   Hetalitard  making the fandumb even worse. EmptyFri May 27, 2011 7:45 pm

Lalala wrote:
GaGaalinG wrote:
Lalala wrote:
GaGaalinG wrote:

... Does this user even realize that her "or maybe it's because we don't want to hear people's complaints" comment 1) make it seem as though ever person in the fandom agrees with her 2) show exactly how closed minded she is?

ah I get it. cause according to her comment you wouldn't be on this site along with the other fans. and basically she's claiming all Hetalia fans are the obsessive kinds. I just saw the webcam thing... seeing the "Hanbok" for Korea in Hetalia hurts my eyes to be honest... cause it's no where near a Handbok, it's more like one of those robes people where in churches when singing gospel music or being baptized or something. it just needs to be orange or something XD lol fans will try to dodge the blatant misrepresentation by saying it's a fusion of the female and male Hanbok but I know better. I've seen plenty of Hanbok to call bull honkey on that. and also that wouldn't explain why the other countries like China and Japan don't have a fusion of their clothing.

anyway cosplaying as Korea doesn't bother to me as much as the fact that they're trying to act out those derogatory portrayals of Korea and tend to exaggerate the even further. you know kind of like how people use to dress up as African Americans and act them out, but it was so offensive it was made illegal? it's funny how it's perfectly fine to do it to everyone else. and the "historic" quality of the webcam pic. again it was the Korean war. I know Hetalia doesn't alway focus on violent conflicts in history, but I imagine their pic was "suppose" to represent the Korean war, which a lot of disturbing stuff happened during as well, and the way it was looking was like North Korea "Bullying" South Korea... kind of like how people get upset that Japan is portrayed "bullying" South Korea.

anyway sometimes I feel like the fans can add to the offensiveness that it's not all the creators fault... like say when Korea was offended at Hetalia, and fans just let it be instead of throwing fits and "trying to force it into Korea with a petition" (I'm not kidding their are still sites up for it if you look it up.) then fans would be hated a lot less by others. I think that generated a lot of the bad rep. but also the Nazi swastikas being warn in cosplay and taking the series to seriously. like how in Hetalia it makes America look like Japan's bully because he wants to "be the hero" and fans sometimes say "oh that was so mean of America." have the forgot the real reason America entered WW2? we went the first several years minding our own business and stayed out of it. until Japan attacked Pear Harbor because Japan was trying to take over America. apparently that translates to "America wants to be a hero and bullies Japan therefore is a meanie." O.o anyway, Hetalia is like a double edged sword and too many bad fans turn it to it's bad edge, while there are too few fans trying to turn it to it's good edge. :/
Back to top Go down
Lalala

Lalala

PostSubject: Re: Hetalitard making the fandumb even worse.   Hetalitard  making the fandumb even worse. EmptySat May 28, 2011 6:17 pm

GaGaalinG wrote:
Lalala wrote:
GaGaalinG wrote:
Lalala wrote:
GaGaalinG wrote:

ah I get it. cause according to her comment you wouldn't be on this site along with the other fans. and basically she's claiming all Hetalia fans are the obsessive kinds. I just saw the webcam thing... seeing the "Hanbok" for Korea in Hetalia hurts my eyes to be honest... cause it's no where near a Handbok, it's more like one of those robes people where in churches when singing gospel music or being baptized or something. it just needs to be orange or something XD lol fans will try to dodge the blatant misrepresentation by saying it's a fusion of the female and male Hanbok but I know better. I've seen plenty of Hanbok to call bull honkey on that. and also that wouldn't explain why the other countries like China and Japan don't have a fusion of their clothing.

anyway cosplaying as Korea doesn't bother to me as much as the fact that they're trying to act out those derogatory portrayals of Korea and tend to exaggerate the even further. you know kind of like how people use to dress up as African Americans and act them out, but it was so offensive it was made illegal? it's funny how it's perfectly fine to do it to everyone else. and the "historic" quality of the webcam pic. again it was the Korean war. I know Hetalia doesn't alway focus on violent conflicts in history, but I imagine their pic was "suppose" to represent the Korean war, which a lot of disturbing stuff happened during as well, and the way it was looking was like North Korea "Bullying" South Korea... kind of like how people get upset that Japan is portrayed "bullying" South Korea.

anyway sometimes I feel like the fans can add to the offensiveness that it's not all the creators fault... like say when Korea was offended at Hetalia, and fans just let it be instead of throwing fits and "trying to force it into Korea with a petition" (I'm not kidding their are still sites up for it if you look it up.) then fans would be hated a lot less by others. I think that generated a lot of the bad rep. but also the Nazi swastikas being warn in cosplay and taking the series to seriously. like how in Hetalia it makes America look like Japan's bully because he wants to "be the hero" and fans sometimes say "oh that was so mean of America." have the forgot the real reason America entered WW2? we went the first several years minding our own business and stayed out of it. until Japan attacked Pear Harbor because Japan was trying to take over America. apparently that translates to "America wants to be a hero and bullies Japan therefore is a meanie." O.o anyway, Hetalia is like a double edged sword and too many bad fans turn it to it's bad edge, while there are too few fans trying to turn it to it's good edge. :/

Some fans do take the show to serious... And forget that it's not history, that it's not always accurate, etc. And then they do portrayals of historical events in ways that are hurtful and just plain wrong... I'm fine with cosplay and portraying historical events... As long as 1) the fans don't portray them in a hurtful way 2) they don't take themselves and their portrayal too seriously 3) they actually did their research. It's (sadly) rare to find all of them together.

The whole thing with America and being a hero gets on my nerves... Not in the actual manga or anime. No, because they're it's only happened once or twice that that was said. It was the fact that the fans can't even get the characters right (I'm working on a list of differences and misconceptions, character by character, between canon and fanon....)... And then they say things like "this and this country should have won this and this war because I like that character!" when that country winning a war would have caused hundreds of people to die.
Back to top Go down
GaGaalinG

GaGaalinG

PostSubject: Re: Hetalitard making the fandumb even worse.   Hetalitard  making the fandumb even worse. EmptySat May 28, 2011 7:53 pm

Lalala wrote:
GaGaalinG wrote:
Lalala wrote:
GaGaalinG wrote:
Lalala wrote:
GaGaalinG wrote:

Some fans do take the show to serious... And forget that it's not history, that it's not always accurate, etc. And then they do portrayals of historical events in ways that are hurtful and just plain wrong... I'm fine with cosplay and portraying historical events... As long as 1) the fans don't portray them in a hurtful way 2) they don't take themselves and their portrayal too seriously 3) they actually did their research. It's (sadly) rare to find all of them together.

The whole thing with America and being a hero gets on my nerves... Not in the actual manga or anime. No, because they're it's only happened once or twice that that was said. It was the fact that the fans can't even get the characters right (I'm working on a list of differences and misconceptions, character by character, between canon and fanon....)... And then they say things like "this and this country should have won this and this war because I like that character!" when that country winning a war would have caused hundreds of people to die.

yeah I agree about the cosplay point, it wouldn't be so offensive if it was like more along the lines as more accurate stereotypes... or not even stereotypes but popular beliefs in certain countries. like how in Korea there's a myth that if your house burns down you'll become rich, or in Korea how they are given a name before they're born, but after they're born they have their real name, or how they sometimes give their kid's American names along with Korean ones for good luck. or how or maybe even have some similar stuff for other countries.

the example I like to point out for stereotype vs. racist is

black people loving watermelon = stereotype

black people loving fried chicken = racist

why?

chicken is a really cheap source of protein, so even super poor people in the ghetto can afford it and tend to buy it a lot. implying all black people are poor cause they can't afford beef or pork.

Watermelon... is actually pretty expensive, so if all black people love watermelon and eat it all the time, it can't imply they're poor, they'd have to have money for watermelon. so it can't be offensive in anyway, it honestly doesn't mean anything.

anyway the America Japan thing was offensive to me when I first saw it but I kind of let it slide since it wasn't a reoccurring thing. but yeah people saying "This country should have one because I like them." that's gone waaaay past too far.

actually I was thinking about it and I figured Hetalia suffers what Naruto suffers from in the fandom. I'm not saying Naruto is a horrible show... I use to hate it more than I do now cause I didn't watch the unedited Japanese version, but I don't actually HATE the show anymore. it's more enjoyable for me now. but anywho. I'll start by saying why Bleach doesn't have such an infamous fanbase like Naruto... well look at the two series... BLEACH a show about Shinigami in spiritual worlds with spiritual powers. everyone on earth knows nothing in this show exists. Naruto... a show about Ninja's historically ninja's existed just not in the way the show portrays, and so fans may think it be possible to recreate the characters since it feels like it could be closer to realistic, especially since ninja's are iconic in pop culture and everyone loves martial arts. anyway Hetalia fans seem to fall into this same trap... imagine if Hetalia were a bunch of fictional nations we know don't exist? probably wouldn't be so popular with obsessive fans. the series somehow makes them see it as somehow more believable and therefore they tend to get carried away with it.

anyway that's just my thought on it.
Back to top Go down
Lalala

Lalala

PostSubject: Re: Hetalitard making the fandumb even worse.   Hetalitard  making the fandumb even worse. EmptySun May 29, 2011 4:22 am

GaGaalinG wrote:
Lalala wrote:
GaGaalinG wrote:
Lalala wrote:
GaGaalinG wrote:
Lalala wrote:
GaGaalinG wrote:

yeah I agree about the cosplay point, it wouldn't be so offensive if it was like more along the lines as more accurate stereotypes... or not even stereotypes but popular beliefs in certain countries. like how in Korea there's a myth that if your house burns down you'll become rich, or in Korea how they are given a name before they're born, but after they're born they have their real name, or how they sometimes give their kid's American names along with Korean ones for good luck. or how or maybe even have some similar stuff for other countries.

the example I like to point out for stereotype vs. racist is

black people loving watermelon = stereotype

black people loving fried chicken = racist

why?

chicken is a really cheap source of protein, so even super poor people in the ghetto can afford it and tend to buy it a lot. implying all black people are poor cause they can't afford beef or pork.

Watermelon... is actually pretty expensive, so if all black people love watermelon and eat it all the time, it can't imply they're poor, they'd have to have money for watermelon. so it can't be offensive in anyway, it honestly doesn't mean anything.

anyway the America Japan thing was offensive to me when I first saw it but I kind of let it slide since it wasn't a reoccurring thing. but yeah people saying "This country should have one because I like them." that's gone waaaay past too far.

actually I was thinking about it and I figured Hetalia suffers what Naruto suffers from in the fandom. I'm not saying Naruto is a horrible show... I use to hate it more than I do now cause I didn't watch the unedited Japanese version, but I don't actually HATE the show anymore. it's more enjoyable for me now. but anywho. I'll start by saying why Bleach doesn't have such an infamous fanbase like Naruto... well look at the two series... BLEACH a show about Shinigami in spiritual worlds with spiritual powers. everyone on earth knows nothing in this show exists. Naruto... a show about Ninja's historically ninja's existed just not in the way the show portrays, and so fans may think it be possible to recreate the characters since it feels like it could be closer to realistic, especially since ninja's are iconic in pop culture and everyone loves martial arts. anyway Hetalia fans seem to fall into this same trap... imagine if Hetalia were a bunch of fictional nations we know don't exist? probably wouldn't be so popular with obsessive fans. the series somehow makes them see it as somehow more believable and therefore they tend to get carried away with it.

anyway that's just my thought on it.

Hmm... that last bit was actually quite interesting, and I have to agree with you on that. The fact that they're based on real countries does make it more popular than if it wasn't...

I have to say, most of what I find offensive about Hetalia has nothing to with what the author intended (and I say most because they're are some things I don't like). It's the fans that really bring about things I (and a lot of others) don't particularly like, which, with a show were fandom is so hard to distinguish from canon, can be quite bad.

I could go on deviantart (or even google images) type in "Hetalia Germany" and find thousands of examples of fans I never hope to meet, simply because I 1) don't want to be associated with them 2) have no desire to befriend them when they use symbols like that so freely without a second thought as to what they're doing, not only for drawing it, but also for associating everything about the country with that time period.
Back to top Go down
ajshim

ajshim

PostSubject: Re: Hetalitard making the fandumb even worse.   Hetalitard  making the fandumb even worse. EmptyMon May 30, 2011 9:52 pm

I know this is a late responce, but yeah I don't understand why it's ok when Japan does something, but when Korea goes against it. It's completely immature and outragious. Also yes Japan did many cruel things to Korea and it's people. I can pretty much list almost everything they did. Also the Hambok the character "Korea" wears is completely inaccurate. I read your post about how it's fusion of the male and female hambok, but again I agree with you on why isn't "China's" and "Japan's" clothes not fused?

Some of these fans really are terrible at debating and I feel bad for people who actually want to learn history, but still watch hetalia to be ridiculed and hated upon, because of fans who can't seem to understand that there is a fine line between fiction and truth.

For example, at the college that I go to, there are a large group of Otakus (And I meant it in the western version) talking about how they were going on trip to Japan and how great was going to be. With all of the cool guys, girls in school uniforms and maids and all that junk. When they returned they said Japan sucked because it wasn't anything like they wanted. When I asked them what they expected. I rebuked them, while trying hard not to laugh at them. I wasn't trying to be cruel, but people like them should be taught about truth and fiction.

If you guys want to know more on real Korea, I'll make a post in the history section of this forum.
Back to top Go down
GaGaalinG

GaGaalinG

PostSubject: Re: Hetalitard making the fandumb even worse.   Hetalitard  making the fandumb even worse. EmptyTue May 31, 2011 4:18 am

ajshim wrote:
I know this is a late responce, but yeah I don't understand why it's ok when Japan does something, but when Korea goes against it. It's completely immature and outragious. Also yes Japan did many cruel things to Korea and it's people. I can pretty much list almost everything they did. Also the Hambok the character "Korea" wears is completely inaccurate. I read your post about how it's fusion of the male and female hambok, but again I agree with you on why isn't "China's" and "Japan's" clothes not fused?

Some of these fans really are terrible at debating and I feel bad for people who actually want to learn history, but still watch hetalia to be ridiculed and hated upon, because of fans who can't seem to understand that there is a fine line between fiction and truth.

For example, at the college that I go to, there are a large group of Otakus (And I meant it in the western version) talking about how they were going on trip to Japan and how great was going to be. With all of the cool guys, girls in school uniforms and maids and all that junk. When they returned they said Japan sucked because it wasn't anything like they wanted. When I asked them what they expected. I rebuked them, while trying hard not to laugh at them. I wasn't trying to be cruel, but people like them should be taught about truth and fiction.

If you guys want to know more on real Korea, I'll make a post in the history section of this forum.

I'm sure people would love your post on the real history of Korea. Very Happy

anyway YES! I wonder how many Otakus and Weaboos there would be if the ALL visited Japan to find out it's not an anime/manga world where everyone cosplays fights evil demons after the school bell rings just in time to study at home, and that all the school girls and boys in their school uniforms will either be in school, on the train headed home, or in their home studying. and people don't walk around as maids, and or with cat ears and tails, don't have blue or pink hair and don't sound anything like they do in anime. don't have magic powers, don't walk around Tokyo with a Katana. aren't super catering towards foreigners as if they were they're own... ESPECIALLY if you're not fluent in Japanese. if anything America is more catering to foreigners because Americans aren't a race. when I see people who want to go to Japan because of anime... I feel they should stay that way, love anime, wish they were in Japan, and never go there because the Japan they're thinking of doesn't exist. it's not a magical world like the way manga depicts it, I wonder if they thought everyone there was unrealistically beautiful too? and the girls are unbelievably cute or hot. and all the guys are bishonen? I honestly feel that those people expect anime.

me and my friends always laugh and over exaggerate what we think they're thinking like saying. "I bet they think that once they arrive in Japan, something will happen to where they can't go back to America or wherever they may be from, and find out that they're actually half Japanese and they're parents are really their adoptive parents and they're real parents are actually dead but their adoptive parents never told them, and their real parents had magic powers and they find this out from mysterious person in an ally, find out they have magic powers and are destined to save the world that keeps them young looking forever, and they have to go to a Japanese high school and they're powers make them automatically perfectly fluent in Japanese (accent and all) the people of the opposite gender are ALL gorgeous and ALL of them are drooling over how attractive they are and always fighting over them. they have to keep their powers secret except to the inevitable other peoples which happen to be their best friends that they meet in high school, and the inevitable rival that they have to fight and after a few weeks eventually joins them and GASP suddenly transfers to the same school as them. they don't live in a house, they live in the high school dorms, and secretly fight off demons and giant mechs just in time for the school bell. and if they are a guy and way 140 lbs or above or are a girl and way 120 lbs or above, they automatically lose all that weight down to about 115 max or 130 max because large people in anime is a no no if they want to be the main character. and also for girls when they get their powers they have cat ears and or tail that they can make appear or disappear at will and when they transform their hair color and eye color changes, and when they transform into a super powerful form they get angel wings." O.o I could go on but it would be forever. but yeah, I REALLY hope that's not what the students in your college were expecting.

but seriously for these people it's best they never go to Japan so they can continue appreciating it the way they do... though I don't know if it can be considered appreciating Japan as much as appreciating Anime. it's basically like the saying "you should never meet your heroes." because they're only normal people and they'll disappoint you cause your standards are to high for any human to meet, especially if they're a jerk. I want to go to Japan even while knowing it's not anime land. (watch as someone who doesn't want to go their cause anime actually finds themselves in the same situation as my previous paragraph against all logic XD... beggars can't be choosers LOL) anyway that's all I got to say. lol
Back to top Go down
ajshim

ajshim

PostSubject: Re: Hetalitard making the fandumb even worse.   Hetalitard  making the fandumb even worse. EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 7:17 am

which bothers me so much. And I feel bad for my friends who are of Japanese decent. If they even say that they're Japanese, all of the obssessed otakus would get up in their face and not give them their personal space. Thus when I try to talk about how Korea makes animations and how they are, what do I get? Ridicule and negative criticism saying that Korean animtion is a cheap knock off of Japanese anime. Also that everything in Korea sucks and that everything Korean related are rip offs of Japanese things.

(Here's an interesting note. Japanese anime was in fact inspired by American animations. Most notably Disney's: Steamboat Willy. It impressed the Japanese, so that they wanted to try something like that as well. Also let's not forget, before WWII, Japanese products were considered garbage compared to those of the other nations around the world. )

Well Korea was dominated by Japan and the Japaned wanted to make it so that Korean culture never exisited, is it any wonder why Koreans have many similar things to the Japanese?

What's with these people who tells everyone to be open minded, yet when it comes to talking about matters like a different country. They can't accept it at all. What gives?
Back to top Go down
GaGaalinG

GaGaalinG

PostSubject: Re: Hetalitard making the fandumb even worse.   Hetalitard  making the fandumb even worse. EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 8:33 am

ajshim wrote:
which bothers me so much. And I feel bad for my friends who are of Japanese decent. If they even say that they're Japanese, all of the obssessed otakus would get up in their face and not give them their personal space. Thus when I try to talk about how Korea makes animations and how they are, what do I get? Ridicule and negative criticism saying that Korean animtion is a cheap knock off of Japanese anime. Also that everything in Korea sucks and that everything Korean related are rip offs of Japanese things.

(Here's an interesting note. Japanese anime was in fact inspired by American animations. Most notably Disney's: Steamboat Willy. It impressed the Japanese, so that they wanted to try something like that as well. Also let's not forget, before WWII, Japanese products were considered garbage compared to those of the other nations around the world. )

Well Korea was dominated by Japan and the Japaned wanted to make it so that Korean culture never exisited, is it any wonder why Koreans have many similar things to the Japanese?

What's with these people who tells everyone to be open minded, yet when it comes to talking about matters like a different country. They can't accept it at all. What gives?

you do know the people who say all that crap about Korea are racist towards Korea whether they know it or not? racism is a mentality that one race is superior than another. I want to punch the person that talks that crap about Korea in the face we meet personally. and not only are they racist but they're ignorant. I wish I could make it so that they're isolated from Asian culture and people or something they piss me off so much.

also I bet if you ask them who are smarter the Japanese or Koreans they'll say Japanese when it's untrue... Koreans are placed as the 2nd smartest nation in the world next to Finland, 3rd is China and 4th is Japan. but they play favoritism and view Japan as some superior nation/race... it's like I said, they need to be cut off of Asians and Asian culture.
Back to top Go down
ajshim

ajshim

PostSubject: Re: Hetalitard making the fandumb even worse.   Hetalitard  making the fandumb even worse. EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 8:51 pm

I just want them to know the truth of Asian culture or any culture for that matter.
Back to top Go down
GaGaalinG

GaGaalinG

PostSubject: Re: Hetalitard making the fandumb even worse.   Hetalitard  making the fandumb even worse. EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 8:58 pm

ajshim wrote:
I just want them to know the truth of Asian culture or any culture for that matter.

I don't know if they'd be willing to accept the truth though, that's the thing, you tried explaining to people the truth and they just covered their ears and said. "Lalala Japan is better than Korea lalala."
Back to top Go down
ajshim

ajshim

PostSubject: Re: Hetalitard making the fandumb even worse.   Hetalitard  making the fandumb even worse. EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 6:38 pm

Couldn't hurt to try. At least I tried right?
Back to top Go down
Lalala

Lalala

PostSubject: Re: Hetalitard making the fandumb even worse.   Hetalitard  making the fandumb even worse. EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 3:20 am

I can't say that I'm an expert in any culture... But to identify only one thing with a country/ nationality until that one thing is all you see with that country/ nationality is completely stupid. I've been there before with the anime thing, but I got out of it (thank goodness!). I never want to travel to another country with this one friend of mine... Because this is how it would go:
Japan: "OMFG ANIME AND CAT GIRLS"
Germany: "BEEEER"
Italy: "OMG LOOK PASTA!"
Russia: "HAHAHAHA VODKA!"
etc. bla bla bla bla bla

(this is the kind of friend that says 'thank you' in Japanese EVERY FREAKING DAY)

Of course, those are only the ones from some hetalia fans. For those ignorant people out there it would be more like...

Japan: (still) "ANIME"
Germany: Nazis
Italy: *try to speak in an Italian accent*
Russia: Communists.

One doesn't have to know everything about a culture... But that's not an excuse for people to be idiots or racist.
Back to top Go down
ajshim

ajshim

PostSubject: Re: Hetalitard making the fandumb even worse.   Hetalitard  making the fandumb even worse. EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 8:50 pm

I totally agree with you on that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hetalitard making the fandumb even worse.   Hetalitard  making the fandumb even worse. Empty

Back to top Go down

Hetalitard making the fandumb even worse.
Page 1 of 1