Hate Hetalia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you HATE HETALIA this is your place =)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Only 3 anti-Hetalia videos on Youtube!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Deleted Account

Only 3 anti-Hetalia videos on Youtube!!! Empty
PostSubject: Only 3 anti-Hetalia videos on Youtube!!!   Only 3 anti-Hetalia videos on Youtube!!! EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 8:29 am

Last edited by birdistheworld on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:44 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
ajshim

ajshim

PostSubject: Re: Only 3 anti-Hetalia videos on Youtube!!!   Only 3 anti-Hetalia videos on Youtube!!! EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 7:16 pm

I'm working on a series of videos on why people don't approve of Hetalia. I was planning on posting them on youtube, but due to the youtube community most of my videos have been deleted. So I'm currently trying to post them on another website. If you want to join by all means. Few of the people here agreed to join in.
Back to top Go down
Deleted Account

PostSubject: Re: Only 3 anti-Hetalia videos on Youtube!!!   Only 3 anti-Hetalia videos on Youtube!!! EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 3:17 am

Last edited by birdistheworld on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mayuri

Mayuri

PostSubject: Re: Only 3 anti-Hetalia videos on Youtube!!!   Only 3 anti-Hetalia videos on Youtube!!! EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 10:34 pm

birdistheworld wrote:
1.Stereotypes. They're really hurtful and kind of insulting.

I've seen stereotypes all over the place, on the tv, and even around the corner. I've grown used to it.

Quote :
2. History. It got some of the parts wrong, especially the Revolutionary War and the war fought over America. "NO HE'S MY LITTLE BROTHER!!!" Seriously? No.

Well, Hetalia isn't a replacement for a history book. That's something some people should realize already.

Quote :
3. No plot. Whatsoever. My brother watched just one episode and he declared that he hated it, that it had no storyline and that it was boring. I have to admit that I agree with him.

Its more of just segments. There are plots though, but its not like those 20+ episode story plot arc.

Quote :
4. Morally wrong. The characters are countries. AKA landmasses. AKA plate tectonics, and they are portrayed as HUMANS? AND THEY FALL IN LOVE???? There is something quite weird about that.

err, well, the characters aren't just countries or landmasses. They are more of just representational figure heads actually. They are people, with their own personal lives. Himaruya gave them something called freewill, so they aren't held back to remain in one area. I mean, they are treated as regular people when face with minor citizens in meeting rooms and other settings in their country. (England still has to go through the baggage checking process just to fly to America at the airport.)

Quote :
5. Pairings. And, dear God, the yaoi. I. Am. Sick. Of. The. Yaoi. Sure, normal yaoi might be fine (even though I am not a yaoi fangirl) but whole COUNTRIES having relationships with eachother? Unacceptable.

I am too. I don't really like how Hetalia is all just Yaoi now, and that the female characters get bashed just for, well, being there. But it seems the crazy Yaoi fan-girls dominates, which is why we don't see much female characters around >> (oh, but Hungary is okay just because she is "one of us" <<)

Quote :
6. I hate England. His voice is so annoying! Sorry but I just can't stand it. Sorry! I just had to say it. I AM SO SORRY FANGIRLS DON'T KILL ME PLEASE NOOOOO!!! No

Its okay. I won't kill you. ^__^

Quote :
7. The fangirls. Those crazy, rabid ones, not all of them. They are way too exaggerating about their love of the series. And it is annoying.

I tend to ignore the rabid crazy fans babe.
Back to top Go down
Deleted Account

PostSubject: Re: Only 3 anti-Hetalia videos on Youtube!!!   Only 3 anti-Hetalia videos on Youtube!!! EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 12:58 am

Last edited by birdistheworld on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:44 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mayuri

Mayuri

PostSubject: Re: Only 3 anti-Hetalia videos on Youtube!!!   Only 3 anti-Hetalia videos on Youtube!!! EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 6:04 am

birdistheworld wrote:
I agree with you on some of these points. But I have to say a few things as well:

1.Yes, it's true that it's just a show, and stereotypes aren't meant to be taken seriously... or are they? If they are racist or mean stereotypes, then it's kind of insulting, is it? For example, I am Canadian and I hated the representation of Canada as soon as I saw the series. It just made me cry that my country was portrayed as "invisible". Which is not true! Canada is known to the world Sad

Oh, I think Canada is portrayed as invisible because it doesn't really bring much attention to itself and rarely causes trouble among other nations. One of the more peaceful countries. But, we all know Canada is a badass. He shut America up and made him cry for like 30 hours, until England step in and told him that was enough ~.

2. B-B-But I do read about the history of the countries, ; u ;

4. Er, well, Hetalia isn't the only thing to personify countries and cities... I prefer to see them as people who were named after their country, but that's just me. ^^;

7. Mm, this may be because I don't draw attention to myself a lot. So, I can ignore much easier.
Back to top Go down
Deleted Account

PostSubject: Re: Only 3 anti-Hetalia videos on Youtube!!!   Only 3 anti-Hetalia videos on Youtube!!! EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 10:44 pm

Last edited by birdistheworld on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GaGaalinG

GaGaalinG

PostSubject: Re: Only 3 anti-Hetalia videos on Youtube!!!   Only 3 anti-Hetalia videos on Youtube!!! EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:43 pm

Mayuri wrote:
birdistheworld wrote:
I agree with you on some of these points. But I have to say a few things as well:

1.Yes, it's true that it's just a show, and stereotypes aren't meant to be taken seriously... or are they? If they are racist or mean stereotypes, then it's kind of insulting, is it? For example, I am Canadian and I hated the representation of Canada as soon as I saw the series. It just made me cry that my country was portrayed as "invisible". Which is not true! Canada is known to the world Sad

Oh, I think Canada is portrayed as invisible because it doesn't really bring much attention to itself and rarely causes trouble among other nations. One of the more peaceful countries. But, we all know Canada is a badass. He shut America up and made him cry for like 30 hours, until England step in and told him that was enough ~.

4. Er, well, Hetalia isn't the only thing to personify countries and cities... I prefer to see them as people who were named after their country, but that's just me. ^^;

7. Mm, this may be because I don't draw attention to myself a lot. So, I can ignore much easier.

I dunno if that's really why Canada was portrayed as invisible... look at Korea... Korea hasn't started a war with any country in the past or been aggressive but he sure as heck wasn't invisible. and his portrayal was quite racist btw, not stereotypical but racist. problem with making a show about a country represented by one individual is to imply that the majority of the people from that country act in this specific way and with Hetalia it's begging to offend people. I mean come on... they literally addressed 9/11 bombing as a cat from the middle east scratching America's hand, fans call this cute and funny, because they want to be shut away with the "REAL" horrors of what "actually" happened. anyway back to the Korea subject it's not stereotypical because stereotypes come from an over exaggeration of a trait that already exists... there is nothing about Korea's character over exaggerated it's all made up from views that racist Japanese use do dehumanize Korean's I'm not joking either.

the implications and portrayals were actually from actual racism towards Koreans that exists in Japan and it was extraordinarily depressing for me to see, especially since the manga can exploit the ignorance of Japan fans from Korea, since lots of Japan fans don't know or give a crap about Korea culture because Japan is the be all end all culture of Asia, and Japan is capable of no wrong doing to them, and they see as hetalia as "stereotypical jokes that people shouldn't take offense to"

it's easy to make them think Korea's character was accurate to the culture of Korea... or should I say "the culture that supposedly Korea stole" they honestly believe these things cause they don't know any better. but they don't know how Japan has distorted and lied about their history with Korea and tries to twist the facts but since they've already been won over by Japan culture it's easy for them to believe Hetalia about countries they don't know of. and I see so many fans hate on Korea for "not airing Hetalia, not "banning" but simply not airing. and claim that they banned it and threatened the creator which was indeed bull crap, and post racist things on the internet about Koreans and state that they believe the portrayal of Korea was accurate... when Korea's portrayal was actually more accurate to Japan and their actions through out the history with other countries... added in all the genocide and aggression that they've committed to other countries. and Korea's portrayal is in truth Japan.
Back to top Go down
Deleted Account

PostSubject: Re: Only 3 anti-Hetalia videos on Youtube!!!   Only 3 anti-Hetalia videos on Youtube!!! EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 11:53 pm

Last edited by birdistheworld on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GaGaalinG

GaGaalinG

PostSubject: Re: Only 3 anti-Hetalia videos on Youtube!!!   Only 3 anti-Hetalia videos on Youtube!!! EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 5:12 am

birdistheworld wrote:
GaGaalinG wrote:
Mayuri wrote:
birdistheworld wrote:

I dunno if that's really why Canada was portrayed as invisible... look at Korea... Korea hasn't started a war with any country in the past or been aggressive but he sure as heck wasn't invisible. and his portrayal was quite racist btw, not stereotypical but racist. problem with making a show about a country represented by one individual is to imply that the majority of the people from that country act in this specific way and with Hetalia it's begging to offend people. I mean come on... they literally addressed 9/11 bombing as a cat from the middle east scratching America's hand, fans call this cute and funny, because they want to be shut away with the "REAL" horrors of what "actually" happened. anyway back to the Korea subject it's not stereotypical because stereotypes come from an over exaggeration of a trait that already exists... there is nothing about Korea's character over exaggerated it's all made up from views that racist Japanese use do dehumanize Korean's I'm not joking either.

the implications and portrayals were actually from actual racism towards Koreans that exists in Japan and it was extraordinarily depressing for me to see, especially since the manga can exploit the ignorance of Japan fans from Korea, since lots of Japan fans don't know or give a crap about Korea culture because Japan is the be all end all culture of Asia, and Japan is capable of no wrong doing to them, and they see as hetalia as "stereotypical jokes that people shouldn't take offense to"

it's easy to make them think Korea's character was accurate to the culture of Korea... or should I say "the culture that supposedly Korea stole" they honestly believe these things cause they don't know any better. but they don't know how Japan has distorted and lied about their history with Korea and tries to twist the facts but since they've already been won over by Japan culture it's easy for them to believe Hetalia about countries they don't know of. and I see so many fans hate on Korea for "not airing Hetalia, not "banning" but simply not airing. and claim that they banned it and threatened the creator which was indeed bull crap, and post racist things on the internet about Koreans and state that they believe the portrayal of Korea was accurate... when Korea's portrayal was actually more accurate to Japan and their actions through out the history with other countries... added in all the genocide and aggression that they've committed to other countries. and Korea's portrayal is in truth Japan.

I completely agree, the "stereotypes" Hetalia uses aren't even real most of the time. I mean, Canada might be bossed around by America or overshadowed by it, but in no means is it invisible and unnoticeable. If you ask people about it, even the average American knows what and where Canada is. So, this whole thing about "Who is Canada?" is completely wrong. And the way Japan shows Korea is also extremely biased, seeing to the fact that their relationship hasn't been great over the years.

hey thanks for the wonderful reply :3 btw the forums seem a little dead I posted a new thread would you care to check it out? it's a great wall of text so please don't feel discouraged
Back to top Go down
Deleted Account

PostSubject: Re: Only 3 anti-Hetalia videos on Youtube!!!   Only 3 anti-Hetalia videos on Youtube!!! EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 12:36 am

Last edited by birdistheworld on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ajshim

ajshim

PostSubject: Re: Only 3 anti-Hetalia videos on Youtube!!!   Only 3 anti-Hetalia videos on Youtube!!! EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 4:10 am

Well youtube / Hetalia fan girls strike again. I managed to finish one of my videos and posted it on youtube only to have be removed for going against a fan group. Maybe I should let this whole go and just let those "fans who love history / want to learn more history because of Hetalia" do what it is they want. They can curse Korea all they wish. The fact still remains that many of them don't know anything about Korea. I actually had a conversation with a fan of Hetalia who claimed to know much about Korean history by watching Hetalia. She had no idea what REAL Korean history was. But maybe I'm just dragging myself back into this.

What do you guys think? Should I go ahead and try once more or just let the chips fall as they may?
Back to top Go down
Deleted Account

PostSubject: Re: Only 3 anti-Hetalia videos on Youtube!!!   Only 3 anti-Hetalia videos on Youtube!!! EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 5:26 am

Last edited by birdistheworld on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ajshim

ajshim

PostSubject: Re: Only 3 anti-Hetalia videos on Youtube!!!   Only 3 anti-Hetalia videos on Youtube!!! EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 9:09 pm

I still have my videos and still working on them. I think I may have found a way to show my videos without having them to be posted on a video sharing websites. Let you all know on the details. Though it may take a long time. I suck with computers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Only 3 anti-Hetalia videos on Youtube!!!   Only 3 anti-Hetalia videos on Youtube!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Only 3 anti-Hetalia videos on Youtube!!!
Page 1 of 1